Friday 29 January 2010

Friday 29.01.2010


More snow,not much but enough to drift across the roads as the wind increased. Arrived home in style in one of those massive tractor monsters,all flashing lights and wheels bigger than my car. Had to clamber up three or four steps and heave myself onto the seat which felt like it was miles above the road. Driving one of those things, with the snow plough on the front, must make you feel crossing the Antarctic wouldn`t be so tough. I`d left the car at the bottom of the hill and was walking home when the tractosaurus roared up beside me and offered me a lift. Who could resist?
On Wednesday finally got up Bennachie for the first time this year, soft snow still deep in places and enormous quantities of water pouring down the paths and burns. Dog deliriously happy: what is it about Labs (or even half-Labs like this one) and sticks? Going to resist saying how fantastic it was up there, and how it`s energizing and how everybody should do it because Murakami (see Post 3rd Jan) has reminded me that I should just keep quiet about it like he does about his running:
"I think I`ve been able to run for more than twenty years for a simple reason: it suits me"
He goes on to say that he avoids telling other people to try it because if they want to they will. Simple. I hereby promise to avoid becoming a walking bore other than maybe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment