Friday 1 April 2011

Friday 01.04.2011

A relief to get out after a week with too many working hours in it. Thank goodness for the lengthening days. Brilliant for walking this evening: grey, breezy and damp but much milder than of late.
Birds everywhere (first pied wagtail of the year)and that fallen larch from last year throwing out yet more new flowers.
Dog nearly as gleeful as me, found the best stick she`s ever found (until tomorrow), chased deer, scattered pheasants and paddled in the beck - most satisfactory.
Patterns and shapes and textures everywhere you looked, heightened by the evening light.

Blowing a hooley now and forecast to get colder again so tomorrow will be different - who`d live somewhere where every day is the same?

1 comment:

  1. My partner, that's who. I worry I'm going to turn round someday and discover myself living on the equator, him and the cat rolling around in the sun in the backyard and purring

    ReplyDelete