Sunday 16 January 2011

Sunday 16.01.2011

Emerged from a virtual hibernation: deep snow, arctic temperatures,lingering lurgy, Christmas, New Year,house-sitting, trips south.......

Dog and I escaped to the woods this morning - bright blue sky and wintry sun with a bracing wind to wake us up properly, geese overhead and a lot of bird song around. Tiny patches of snow here and there but miles of green and walking on firm ground - what a relief even if it only proves to be a brief respite.

Two walks stand out from the last few weeks: Bennachie on an icy but miraculously sunny New Year`s Day and Arthur`s Seat in Edinburgh - even icier, so much so that we slid most of the way down on our bums, but worth it for the views from the top on another crystal clear day.
No pics because the camera`s broken but memorable even so, or perhaps all the more so.

3 comments:

  1. Get that camera mended. I'm missing the photos - not that your fine prose style needs illustration, of course. Have just made my marmalade. Have you made some - in between walks? AX

    ReplyDelete
  2. My tin opener is also broken so no, not yet. ;)
    You put me to shame.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tin opener? TIN OPENER? I use real oranges and real sugar. What's with this tin business? Off to OXFORD on Saturday. I shall think of you....AX

    ReplyDelete