Tuesday 15 February 2011

Tuesday 15.02.2011

Slightly off message for a blog that is essentially about walking but while I was driving to work this afternoon I was mulling over an old post* from Frankiesoup`s Blog which I came across whilst randomly following links last night when I should have already been in bed, as you do.
One of the phrases that had stuck in my head was "I want to drive down side roads without knowing where they go" when lo and behold I came across a Road Closed sign and was forced to do just that.
To my delight I found myself meandering I knew not where along a windy road which was roughly in the right direction (ha! spot the cheesy `life` metaphor).
Even better I rounded a bend to be confronted by a sign I don`t think I`ve ever seen before - a small solitary exclamation mark in a red triangle. No writing, no explanation, just this little sign.

Brilliant. I had no idea to what it referred but it put me on my guard for any eventuality (on this occasion it was a narrow bridge) and I`m now firmly of the opinion that we could do away with every other kind of warning sign and simply stick exclamation marks up in appropriate places.
It`s a good thing we have to negotiate life`s "road" without warning signs though or we might miss the best bits............


*12.11.2009 Thought provoking but remember, as long as you
"keep a small bag full of clothes carefully stored, somewhere secret,somewhere safe, somewhere close to the door"
all will be well......Frank tomorrow night - way hey!

1 comment:

  1. I'm officially a little bit in love with Frank Turner now... And there is now a bag in the car, ready and waiting for adventure. :)

    ReplyDelete