Tuesday 16 June 2020

Tuesday 16.06.2020

Fresher first thing, despite the shroud that still engulfed us. During the morning a breeze started shifting it, revealing splashes of blue after days of uniform grey.....







....and young dog and I set off enthusiastically at lunchtime only to discover that in amongst the trees and out of the cooling breeze it was still quite humid, the colours perhaps a little sharper, the scents even more pungent.
And showy-off trees demanding their picture be taken.



Am having more meaningful communication with trees since I read The Overstory by Richard Powers. Beware: if you do read it you`ll never walk through your favourite wood or forest without thinking you`re being watched. ;)

"Autumn makes me think of leaves, which makes me think of trees, which makes me think of The Overstory, the best novel ever written about trees, and really, just one of the best novels, period.’ Ann Patchett 'It's a masterpiece.'


No comments:

Post a Comment