Sunday 26 April 2020

Sunday 26.04.2020

Ok, I admit it, yesterday was lovely: still and warm in the sun in the afternoon when we set off on a slow meander up to the woods which were a shimmering green.






The sky was blue,







the spring flowers beginning to emerge cautiously


and the birds giving it their all. It was warm enough in the heart of the woods where the woodpecker hangs out to sit still
for half an hour, to soak up that sun and (I`d come prepared) even to read for a little while.
We wandered back eventually, feeling calm and sun-drenched, warm and ever so slightly giddy with it all.

So it was something of a surprise to open the door early this morning to feed the birds and take the dogs on their first outing up
on our hill, to be greeted by grey cloud and cool air..... and to feel relieved!
No vivid, blameless blue sky, no relentless sun, shouting at us to get out and do stuff. We raced round at a brisk trot...it really was cooler.....back in and lit the fire! Yay!
Then even better it started to rain....just a gentle "shoore"...but just the job for the new veggie garden (not my doing I hasten to add) and an excuse for more coffee and getting on with my book.
It`s brightening up a bit now but I think we`re set for showers on and off all day so....relax...and I`m off to make some nice warming soup. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment