Tuesday 24 August 2010

Tuesday 24.08.2010

Didn`t matter how late/wet/dark it was this evening, had to walk: nearly a week since I did and the reduced endorphin quotient makes me start to twitch.

(Completely sidetracked then by looking up endorphins: among other things I read:
"Chocolate is by far the most popular endorphin-producing food on earth. Known by the Greeks as the "food of the Gods," chocolate is derived from cacao beans that were revered by the Aztecs, who believed that eating chocolate would confer wisdom and vitality.")

So I could simply have sat at home and eaten chocolate? It can`t be that simple.

Anyway - walk we did, dog and I in the wet wild woods as the night drew in and the clouds spat rain at us. Endorphin levels stabilised but with the added benefit of pleasantly aching legs which I don`t usually get from chocolate.

Started reading Choice by Renata Salecl which I hope is going to be about how too much of it is bad for us because I`ve been banging on about this for a while and had it confirmed only the other day as I stood trying to choose an iron.

No comments:

Post a Comment