Saturday 7 August 2010

Saturday 07.08.2010

Long day, long week..........long few weeks come to that - lots of to-ing and fro-ing of one kind and another. A slow start this evening, not sure if I even wanted to go, but better than nodding off over my (very good) book.* And so it proved. Eight o`clock or thereabouts and the sun sinking behind a bank of grey cloud on the horizon so the light began to go early on.
The rowan berries are well on now and remind me I`ve blackcurrants to pick in the garden: all very "seasons of mellow fruitfulness" and we had the mist last night as well.








Dog and I walked most of the perimeter of the woods - she frantically chasing up and down at one point - fox? deer? Failed to catch either anyway.









* The Help by Kathryn Stockett

No comments:

Post a Comment