Sunday 1 December 2013

Sunday 01.12.2013

Strictly speaking this should be a November post as today only managed a quick scuttle round town before work but yesterday was a fine way to end the month and should not go unrecorded.
A chippy wind straight into the face as we went up the hill about a quarter to 2, the sun hovering quite close to the horizon as if it had already had enough for the day but was hanging about to throw a few more of those long wintry shadows.




In the woods it was hats off,jackets unbuttoned and much excited tearing about by the dogs though only minutes before they`d been fast asleep. Reminded me of The Dog`s Diary:

8:00 am - Dog food! My favourite thing!
9:30 am - A car ride! My favourite thing!
9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favourite thing!
10:40 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favourite thing!
12:00 pm - Milk bones! My favourite thing!
1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favourite thing!
3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favourite thing!
5:00 pm - Dinner! My favourite thing!
7:30 pm - Got to play ball! My favourite thing!
8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favourite thing!
11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favourite thing!


They really are very easy to please.


Beautiful layered skies as that same chippy wind blew us back down the hill (hat back in place, jacket done up) in time for a little seasonal/domestic activity - the making of the mincemeat - now I know it`s December.

Btw have been meaning to mention We Need New Names by NoViolet Bulawayo: turns out it was on the Booker short list though didn`t win in the end: poignant, funny and thought-provoking - and well-written to boot!









And while we`re on books, try Soldier Dog by Sam Angus. A so-called Young Adult novel set in the First World War. Kes meets Michael Morpurgo.

No comments:

Post a Comment