Wednesday 14 April 2010

Wednesday 14.04.2010










Chilly for sitting in the graveyard in the centre of Aberdeen, despite being in the sun and sheltered from the wind. Didn`t spoil the enjoyment of lunch, a magnificent Stilton, apple and walnut baguette, courtesy of The Beautiful Mountain*, purveyors of bespoke sandwiches of the most scrumptious kind.
Thus fuelled and with the cool air making for a good walking temperature, dog and I stopped at Bennachie on the way home and headed up Oxen Craig, not as immediately recognizable as Mither Tap but a full 34` higher at 1,733 feet.
Very pleasant in the woods, despite running into a couple of Ents.
Almost still at the top and warm in the sun: next time I might carry my baguette up there to eat.
The Kermode book (see Post 08.04.10) was laugh-out-loud-in-public-funny in places. It reads like he talks: in fact the tortuous analysis of his response to Mama Mia was word for word what he`d said on Five Live but it was probably worth writing down.
I`m only four pages into my current book but it`s already given me my quote of the week:
"You are what you read" Promising start eh?

*www.thebeautifulmountain.com

No comments:

Post a Comment