Monday 8 March 2010

Monday 08.03.2010



Dog`s a bit bleary-eyed and hungover but glad to be back from her city break and I`m glad to have her company again. Snow still a foot deep and more in places but softening by the minute, like walking on sand dunes. Where it`s completely melted the solid ground feels unfamiliar,my legs weirdly heavy and awkward. As I get into my stride my eyes are taking in the greens and browns of it and my nose is taking in the damp earthy smell of it while my ears ring to the mixed chorus of buzzards and crows, pheasants and wood pigeons. Makes you dizzy.
I`m told we get no benefit from the sun in this neck of the woods at this time of the year but I was getting plenty of cheerfulness from it today.
And to cap it all, a snipe zig-zagged out of the trees in front of us at one point. Now all I need to hear and see are the oyster-catchers, curlews and peewits and I`ll begin to believe we`re finally heading for Spring.

1 comment:

  1. Spring has sprung
    Duh grass is riz
    I wonder where dem boidies is?
    Der little boid is on der wing.
    But dat's absoid.
    Der little wing is on der boid

    ReplyDelete